Tempest 2.4GHz Remote Transceiver w/Omni-Antenna, CE
- Allows remote location of antennas from the base with no RF signal loss
- Cable runs of up to 1500 ft. (450 m)
- Operates on standard CAT 5/6 cable
- Power is provided over the cable from BaseStation
- Durable aluminum alloy enclosure
- Weather-resistant for outdoor use,Rx, Tx, Sync, Config, and Power LED indicators
- RP-TNC antenna connectors (2)
- Includes two omni-directional 2 dBi antennas
- Can remote antennas from the Transceiver with low loss coaxial cable
- RoHS compliant
The Tempest®2400 Remote Transceiver allows the Tempest2400 BaseStation antenna to be located up to 1500 ft (450m) from the BaseStation without any loss of RF signal. The RT is connected to the BaseStation via a standard CAT-5/6 cable using RJ-45 connectors. Power is provided over the CAT-5/6 cable so that no local power is required for the Remote Transceiver to operate normally. The RT is constructed of aluminum alloy. It comes with a universal mounting plate that can be used to mount the transceiver to poles, walls or other desired areas.
One Remote Transceiver can be connected to a single Tempest BaseStation (2- or 4-channel). A direct connection is required. (The transceiver will not operate properly if connected to a Local Area Network (LAN) or routed through a network device such as a router or switch.) The transceiver has two RP-TNC antenna connectors on top of the enclosure that can attach the standard 2dBi omni-directional antennas, or employ optional directional antenna via low loss coaxial cable.
The Remote Transceiver is weather resistant and is intended for use outdoors. It is recommended, however, that in extreme weather conditions appropriate measure are taken to ensure that no water enters into the enclosure.